For years – actually, ever since I started analyzing online stores and business – I’ve advised clients to provide real content to their visitors. Content that entertains, supports and connects with the target audience, and ultimately ties-in with the act of conversion. This is called content marketing, and it’s now a must for any company doing business online. Even Google looks at a site’s content to determine relevancy, and shareable content determines traction when it comes to social media.
According to the Content Marketing Institute, online marketers continue to put more focus on value-added content opposed to just product hype. This infographic from infographicsdesignspro.com shows what the big guys are doing to better promote their brands and product lines. See below for my points on this data.
- Companies are now more focused on brand awareness and engagement than selling “in the now”. This is key if you want to be a long-term solution.
- Website traffic is still the ideal way to measure the success of a campaign.
- To keep your name out there, you need to release content at least a few times per week.
- Paid ads via search engines are still the most common, but banner ads are still pretty popular.
- While it’s no surprise that various Google tools and LinkedIn are used in content research, Quora and similar sites are also used.
Does your business take advantage of content marketing as a means to increase awareness, loyalty and sales?