Need a crash course on Search Engine Optimization? While this infographic from Fertile Frog won’t teach you everything, it’s a great starting place to analyze what you may be doing wrong. Google is getting more and more humanistic in its approach to determine what web pages are worthy of viewership. The tips within focus on the core of what Google looks at when spidering content.
- Use the right words, but don’t keyword stuff.
- Regularly check for broken links (Google has free tools for this).
- Don’t copy and paste – not from others, and not from your own site.
- Write compelling content.
- Use unique titles and descriptions.
- Don’t link to crappy sites, and avoid bad link exchanges.