Each week I pick 5 key folk to follow on the web (and Twitter) based on a selected topic.
The rules and trends of social media are ever changing. It makes sense to follow people who stay on top of the latest happenings. Here are five of my favorite tweeters focused on our social world:
- Social Media Examiner (@smexaminer) makes it fun to learn. I love these guys because they break everything down into easy-to-understand language and supporting graphics. Visit site–>
- Mirna Bard (@mirnabard) is a social media consultant who focuses on reality rather than excessive hype. I’d followed her for several months before I won a consult, which was used to publicize my husband’s film efforts. Mirna’s strategies are realistic and she makes concerted efforts to understand people’s needs and goals prior to full project planning. Mirna also gets people engaged by asking questions rather than relying on shady statistics. Visit her site–>
- Mari Smith (@marismith) knows Facebook! Seriously, forget all those other “help” groups and sites out there, because Mari already has it covered. From the very basics to in-depth campaign creations, Mari’s resources are top notch. (On a personal note, lots of newcomers treat Mari like she IS Facebook support. She’s not. All the more reason to buy her books and/or user her services). Visit her site–>
- Tweet Smarter (@TweetSmarter) teaches, helps and analyzes all things Twitter. Dave and Sarah’s articles and posts are quite useful and they’re great at culling through all the garbage out there. If you want to truly understand Twitter from many angles, follow these fine folks. Visit the site–>
- Craig H. Collins (@craighcollins) is a social media consultant and coach. He posts regularly on Facebook and other social sites, focusing on providing a service to customers and potential clients. Visit his site–>
Of course, there are plenty of folk worthy of mention. My picks are based on current trends and my experience with their work. Know someone we all need to follow around? Share your thoughts in the comments box!