Each week I pick 5 key folk to follow on the web (and Twitter) based on a selected topic.
eCommerce, especially for small business, is an ever-changing industry. It’s more than just the maintenance of an online store. Marketing, via advertising and social media, is key, as is staying compliant. I follow scores of accounts to keep abreast of the latest news, and here’s just a handful of them:
- Practical eCommerce (@practicalecomm) Whether you’re just starting out, or are a seasoned store owner, Practical eCommerce brings you the latest news, reviews and real insight into the world of ecommerce. Definitely visit the web site and subscribe to the RSS feed.
- Shop.org (@shoporg) While the Shop.org web site can be difficult to follow (and many articles won’t apply to smaller businesses), their tweets provide some great info in the world of online retail.
- ShopTab (@shoptab) The creators of the Facebook ShopTab App tweet many tips and tricks about increasing sales.
- ZippyCart (@zippycart) provides research and reviews of ecommerce solutions, as well as useful links to key news via their Twitter feed. Visit site ->
- eMarketer (@emarketer) focuses on digital marketing, media and commerce. Though not directly targeting small biz ecommerce, many of their posts and articles can apply to the little guy (or, at least, give some good ideas for increasing revenue). Visit site ->
As always, there are plenty of folk worthy of mention. I’ll be posting more eCommerce accounts to follow in the future… Do you have a must-follow eCommerce-dedicated account you follow? Comment below.